SSR: “The job a million girls would die for.”

This weekend, I finally finished The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. I would say that I absolutely loved it, but I think that I kept comparing it to the movie, so I just enjoyed it. (That’s a notch down from loved it.) The fact that I was in Andie’s head rather than seeing everything from the camera’s point of view was different and I thought it was interesting how Andie just couldn’t vocalize WHY she kept working but she knew why. I hated her best friend and how she kept doing crazy things because she was doing well in school. Her best friend in the movie was a little more…there and not drunk. In the book, there was also a lot more of Andie’s daily life, rather than a montage of what she did. I liked the book in that it explained the fashion world a little more and Andie was seen in a different light. I would recommend this to anyone who likes the fashion industry, anyone who liked the movie, and anyone in the mood for an entertaining read.

three happy smiling stars!

three happy smiling stars!

I’m only giving it three stars since it wasn’t my favorite, but it is definitely something I would recommend to others.

the original cover for the novel

the original cover for the novel

I thought I would add the original cover since everyone has seen the revised cover! (It’s the one that is the cover of the DVD.) SO here it us. (Up there.)